Analysis & Assessment
Case Analysis & Assessment
TCDI offers clients a number of case analysis and assessment options centered on the idea of identifying and leveraging the content resulting from electronic file processing and analytics. These services are developed with the client on a case-by-case basis to ensure that the client has the information needed to make strategic legal decisions based on the collected data.
The depth and flexibility of TCDI’s approach provides significant advantage over other service providers who try to fit all cases into a pre-existing template. TCDI further recognizes that issues and strategies often change throughout the life of the case. Accordingly, TCDI can refine and refocus its case assessment services across all collected and processed client data, thereby providing clients with not only the benefits of “early” case assessment but also the power and flexibility of “total” case assessment.
Available case assessment services include:
- Detailed file-type reports including custodian summaries, file-type breakdowns and collection summaries
- Keyword sampling analysis services and reports informing the client of the results of applying specific keyword filters to collected data
- Application of conceptual analysis tools to identify meaningful keywords within conceptually pertinent documents
- Conceptual document analytics, including one-click "Find Similar" capabilities
- Use of key words to identify and tag potentially privileged documents
- Identification of custodians of interest through critical and common communication paths within the current set of collected data
Advanced concept-based analytics bring greater understanding and insight to your data. TCDI provides a broad set of capabilities for advanced analytics, including:
- Concept Search
- Dynamic Document Clustering
- Document Categorization
- Foreign Language Detection
- Keyword Analysis and Expansion
Use these Analytics to: quickly and easily find and retrieve similar documents regardless of keywords; sort and group conceptually similar documents to accelerate or prioritize document review; suggest or predict coding of documents in review; provide an added check for consistent coding of relevance and privilege calls; analyze or fine-tune keyword search terms.
These capabilities are engineered to work with, and through, TCDI's own Discovery WorkFlow® ESI processing environment and our ClarVergence® review and production platform to aid with data analysis and document review.
TCDI leverages Content Analyst Analytics Technology (CAAT) -- the analytics engine which uses Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) and other mathematics-based algorithms for its various capabilities. Because LSI is mathematics based, there are no word lists, taxonomies or thesauruses required to accurately identify conceptually similar text. The system learns everything it needs to know about terms, language and conceptuality based on the documents with which it has to work.
Benefits of Analytics
- Accelerate document review with conceptual groupings
- Prioritize review strategy based on relevance
- Fast "find similar" search capabilities for "hot" documents
- Quick identification of duplicate or near-duplicate documents
- Automated grouping of documents by primary language
- Powerful keyword analysis
- Extension of quality control steps