Responsible for providing cybersecurity consulting services described below and collaborating with team members on the monitoring, testing, remediation, and documentation of ongoing projects.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Cybersecurity, the Cybersecurity Engineer operates in a consulting role to TCDI’s clients and will work on projects both independently and jointly with other team members.
- Perform Penetration Testing, Incident Response, Secure Network Evaluation, Network Monitoring, and Threat & Risk Investigation.
- Incident response activities include identification, response, investigation, and remediation of potential breaches and other issues surrounding data security.
- Proactively identify security problems, monitor performance trends, perform upgrades and make recommendations regarding security hardware, software, processes, and procedures as required.
- Evaluate technical controls and processes for compliance with regulations and standards including HIPAA, PCI, NIST, GDPR, ISO 27001 and other relevant requirements.
- Configure, implement, monitor, and support security software/systems including SIEM, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Forward and Reverse Proxies, Web Application Firewalls, Two Factor Authentication, IAS, Internal/External Certificate Authority, Network Access Control, Encryption, and VPNs.
Work and Skill Requirements:
- Successful track record performing penetration testing (e.g. external, internal, wireless, web app, etc.) and / or incident response strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail along with accuracy and specificity in documentation and reporting.
- Minimum 5 years of information or network security-related experience.
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: CEH, LTP, CISSP, CISA, CFCE, CRISC, SANS GIAC.
- Demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of the internal affairs and client work.
- Professional technical writing ability.
- Experience with malware analysis and reverse engineering, as well as an understanding of programming logic.
- The ability to write scripts to automate investigative or security analysis tasks.
- Detailed networking knowledge, including experience with routers, switches, firewalls, WAF, IDS/IPS, VPN, proxies, and wireless networking.
- Experience working in a professional services environment.
Software Proficiency Requirements:
- Penetration testing and vulnerability scanning tools such as Nessus, Core Impact, and Metasploit.
- SIEM systems
- Windows Server and Linux
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Security/Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or Engineering field; Advanced degree a plus.
- Ability to pass background checks
- Evening or weekend work sometimes required to meet client requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Normal office environment
- Prolonged computer work daily
- This customer-facing role requires excellent oral and written communication skills and professionalism.
If you are interested in joining our growing cybersecurity team then this may be the right opportunity for you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Locations: Cleveland, OH and Greensboro, NC
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com