Director, Business Development
Do you want to be a part of an exciting opportunity to have a strategic impact of growing a legal software company? Are you an experienced sales executive excited to take on your next challenge? Do you want to help leverage an established quiet leader in the legal market to further accelerate growth? This could be the next phase of your career.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development to help us with our next phase of growth — which includes a strategic addition of our team.
This sales professional would focus on electronic discovery, document review and cybersecurity services. We are hiring only three professionals, with two of them on the East Coast and one on the West. To be successful in this role, the candidate should be highly professional, a seasoned sales hunter and will play a significant role in shaping TCDI’s strategic direction.
About the Opportunity:
The Sales professional will identify, pursue and close sales for all TCDI offerings and services. This includes eDiscovery, Managed Document Review, Litigation Management and Cybersecurity. The ideal individual should have experience in consultative sales solutions with an emphasis on sales or consulting directly to corporate legal departments and law firms.
The Sales professional will receive a sales target for a defined region or territory and will be expected to meet or exceed quarterly and yearly revenue projections. TCDI will be looking for the individual to grow the business in the region and will promote and give expanding responsibility to the individual based on that growth.
Work and Skill Requirements:
- 5-10 years of success selling both transactional and direct sales experience in the legal vertical.
- If candidate has portfolio of existing clients, this is preferred, and this will be qualified.
- Minimum 3 years success selling services and/or software in the e-Discovery in the market to law firms and/or corporations, selling a minimum of $2MM per year over past 2 years.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Strong Presentation Skills
- A thought leader in the industry
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Communicate the significant value proposition of TCDI’s entire portfolio. Instill confidence among clients with your personal thought leadership and the company’s footprint in the e-discovery and cybersecurity space.
- Consistently qualify, generate, and execute on opportunities that provide profitable revenue to TCDI, working closely with direct report and forecasting through TCDI CRM platform.
- Consistently build an effective pipeline and execute on each phase of the sales process.
- Incorporate knowledge of our services, the customer, and key competitors into the sales process and use that knowledge to uncover customer needs and create value based solutions.
- Work effectively as a team member to facilitate the sales opportunity by providing leadership and coordinating the internal and external resources needed to effectively manage the sales process.
- Use their experience to uncover the key drivers of value for the client and is skilled in articulating the value of our solutions, and is able to differentiate the company’s solutions in the marketplace.
- Accurately forecast the business on a consistent basis.
- Leverage the value of TCDI’s solutions in the negotiation process to drive maximum margin for the company. Establish customer relationships that enable TCDI to be viewed as a trusted advisor.
- Bachelor’s degree, (preferred emphasis in Business Administration or Marketing), MBA in Marketing a plus
- Polished executive presence with ability to interact easily with senior corporate lawyers and business leaders as a consultative partner
- Comfortable and fluent with EDRM model, document review terminology, legal software experience
- Working knowledge of all office based applications and CRM (Ideally Salesforce)
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com