Last modified January 11, 2018
Our Privacy Notice explains what information we collect; why we collect it; how we handle your information; how we might use that information; and the various options and choices you have with respect to this Privacy Notice. This is important information and we hope you will take time to read it carefully.
Information We Have and How We Use It
- Information we host. In the normal course of business and as further defined by our contract terms, TCDI hosts data provided by our clients, which may contain personal This data is provided by, and hosted for, clients who have engaged TCDI to provide data hosting services associated with legal technology support and services for legal discovery (ESI processing and document review & production), investigations, assessments, or litigation management. This data and information are collected to enable us to meet our contractual obligations and are used for purposes of performing the legal or investigatory processes for which clients have engaged TCDI’s assistance.
- Information users give us. TCDI collects a limited amount of personal information from client-approved and authorized users of our legal technology The personal information collected is required for us to comply with the legal obligations set forth in our contracts with our clients and is given voluntarily with the understanding that it will be used for user authentication and user verification of callers to our Client Support Center.
- Other Information we collect. TCDI collects a limited amount of personal information from visitors to our website who are interested in our products and services. Information collected includes, but may not be limited to, name, position or role, email address, mailing address, company name and telephone The information collected is typically given on a voluntary basis and in accordance with visitors consent and used to facilitate our business operations and communications. When you provide personal information, you agree that it may be used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes. TCDI also maintains an active CRM system containing a limited amount of personal information on current clients and prospects interested in our products and services. This information includes, but may not be limited to, name, position or role, company, mailing address, email address, work address and phone numbers.
|· Date, time and length of visit||· Domain name/IP address/Company name|
|· Browser name and OS type||· Visitor’s location|
|· Pages visited||· Device type|
We use this information for statistical analysis intended to help us improve visitor experience to our website and when applicable for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes.
Forwarding and Sharing Information
- Information hosted for clients. TCDI does not sell, share, or otherwise disclose information received from clients outside of the need to use that information based on our contractual, legal obligations or the expressed client direction associated with the contracted services for which the information is a part.
- Client-user information. TCDI does not sell, share, or otherwise disclose Personal Information provided by users of our systems. Internal access to Personal Information is restricted to those with a legitimate business or legal need to have for uses associated with TCDI’s business purposes.
- Website visitors and CRM information. TCDI does not sell, share, or otherwise disclose Personal Information received from visitors to our public website or persons who have provided Personal Information retained in our CRM system for purposes beyond the business reasons for which it was collected.
We may share some personal information with third parties for whom we enlist services for the promotion of TCDI products and services or for the implementation of other communications related programs. These companies are obligated to protect your Personal Information and are restricted to using your information only for the purposes for which they have been hired.
- Accountability for Onward Transfer (Transfers to Third Parties not subject to an existing service agreement). TCDI will transfer Personal Information only when there has been a documented adequacy determination, or where TCDI has confirmed adequate privacy protections through standard data protection contract clauses. If TCDI transfers Personal Information to a third party acting as an agent of TCDI, we will also require the third party to have adequate privacy protections in place through standard data protection contract clauses.
- Accountability for Onward Transfer (Transfers to Clients and Third Parties subject to an existing service agreement). TCDI will transfer Personal Information to and on behalf of clients and third party’s with whom TCDI has an existing service agreement, as part of TCDI’s legal obligations and subject to TCDI’s standard contract provisions governing the processing that is necessary for purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller (client or third party).
- Privacy Shield Liability. TCDI complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
- For legal obligations. TCDI may disclose Personal Information as reasonably necessary to meet applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
TCDI maintains a commitment to information privacy and security. We employ reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards in the process of protecting your information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, alteration and destruction. We implement access controls and regularly train our people on data privacy and security practices. We regularly review our information handling, storage and overall processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems and information. Access to personal information by TCDI personnel is restricted to a need-to-have basis with access log reviews and access control reviews performed regularly.
Choice and Access
- Data we host. TCDI is a data processor for the data and information managed and hosted for clients. We enter into binding agreements with our clients that delineate the obligations to protect the privacy and security of personal information. As part of the legal obligations set forth in our standard agreements, , our clients are responsible for issues associated with information being hosted and for ensuring that they disclose to us only the information for which they have a legal basis for doing so. TCDI will work diligently to assist clients with access or correction requests as appropriate.
- Client Users of Client-Related Systems. TCDI strives to maintain accurate information retained on client-users of client systems. If information needs to be updated, users can call the TCDI Support Center at 336-232-5884.
- Website cookies. If you prefer not to allow us to collect this information, change your browser settings to disable
- Provided Information. If you would prefer not to give your information through our web contact form, you can call TCDI directly at (888) 823-2880 and ask for someone in business If you have questions or need to correct information previously provided to us, contact us at email@example.com.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
TCDI has self-certified to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks set forth by the U.S Department of Commerce and enforced by the Federal Trade Commission with respect to collection, use and retention of personal information transfers from the European Union or Switzerland to the United States. For information controlled and processed under the Privacy Shield framework, we certify adherence as appropriate to the seven Privacy Shield Principles of Notice; Choice; Accountability for Onward Transfer; Security; Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation; Access; and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. Additionally, we may process some personal data from individuals or companies via other compliant mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, refer to https://www.privacyshield.gov.
If You Have Questions or Concerns
TCDI takes seriously all questions and concerns regarding information privacy and security. We commit to responding to inquiries and resolving complaints about your privacy and our collection and use of Personal Information. If you have privacy questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, (888) 823-2880 or mail to TCDI, 4510 Weybridge Lane, Greensboro, NC 27407. All inquiries will be investigated and elevated until resolved. Individuals with unresolved privacy complaints have the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms. These complaints will be referred to an independent dispute resolution mechanism operated by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), a division of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and can be found at the following link: http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html
Compliance and Cooperation With Regulatory Authorities
Our Privacy Notice may change from time to time but this page will be updated with the most current version at all times.